Tomorrow is April fools day! I remember I fooled my mother several years with the rubber band around the sink sprayer thing so that when she turned on the sink she got sprayed. Miss her dearly. It is not much of a holiday. It comes and goes with not much hoopla, but it can be a really fun day if done right. The pranks should be done with a good heart, there should be no meanness or ill will involved. We all want giggles not hurt feelings. Anyway here is a list of some fun pranks to be done on your kids to have a fun silly day. I can’t wait to pull some of these on my kids and see their shocked and smiling faces.
1. Tint your milk jug with food coloring the night before and serve your kid their breakfast with a colorful new addition!
2. Change the language on your kids’ smart devices to a different one. Make sure you know who to change it back though!
3. As your child is sleeping color on their face – if they are awake, have them pretend to be sleeping. They will still think it’s hilarious!
4. Fill your child’s bowl with cereal and milk – then stick it into the freezer for the next morning! The kids will be frustrated as they try to eat their breakfast (be sure to have a regular bowl of food nearby).
5. Probably the oldest trick in the book, Vaseline on doorknobs continues to be an April Fools’ classic.
6. Get a bunch of the googly eyes and put them either on everthing in their room or on everything in the fridge.
7. Take a tooth paste container and fill it with mustard.
8. Glue coins to the ground (outside only!). You’ll thoroughly enjoy watching them try to pick up the coins.
9. Place a piece of clear tape on the faucet and then go ask your kid to wash his hands
10. Change the background photo on your teen’s or tween’s computer, phone, iPad, or other device to something mortifying. The photo could be of you and your spouse smooching, your kid as a naked baby, a photo of them sleeping; you get the picture.
Ideas came from
– Kidsactivitiesblog.com, kidzworld.com, mommypoppins.com